A Week On The High Street from the Local Data Company. This weekly round up aims to bring you the latest retail and leisure location news from around the UK.
* Dixons Retail Group, owners of PC World and Currys, has announced plans to reduce its estate from 557 stores to between 400 and 420 stores and will focus on the new format of store that is being showcased at their Currys/PC World Black store at Westfield Stratford.
* Patisserie Valerie will open a new store on June 22 on Lincoln High Street, taking over the unit formally occupied by Blue Salamander.
* Next is to open its second Home & Garden Centre Superstore this week atMartleshaw Heath Retail Park inIpswich.
* JoJo Maman Bebe is to open a new store this week onSouth Roadin Haywards Heath. It will take over the former La Senza store.
* Game administrators are to close the remaining 31 Game stores after failing to find a buyer for the business.
* Administrators for Clinton Cards have announced plans to close a further 122 stores.
* Peter Werth has opened a pop up concept store this weekend on Lamb’s Conduit Street inLondon. The store will be open until June 30th for their new spring menswear collection.