Monday 25th – Friday 29th June 2012
A Week On The High Street from the Local Data Company brings you the latest retail and leisure location news from around the United Kingdom.
- Co-operative Food has opened its first 3 stores from converted David Sands stores. The stores are situated at Dunfermline, Kirkcaldy and Marknich. All David Sands stores will be converted to Co-operative Food outlets.
- Coast has opened its new flagship store this week on London’s Oxford Street.
- Radley has opened its first pop up store at Westfield Stratford. The premium handbag and accessory brand is located on ‘The Street’ inside the shopping centre.
- Build a Bear toy retailer has announced plans to refresh its UK stores and plans to open 4 more stores this year.
- A store dedicated to motorsports and motoring brands has opened at Westfield Stratford. The store, called Inside the Track, will sell a range of McLaren and Aston Martin merchandise as well as products from partners Hugo Boss, Hackett, Links of London and Tag Heuer.
- Asda has opened its first George franchise store. The store is situated inside the Sandpiper CI store in Liberty Wharf, Jersey.
- Westfield has announced plans to develop a 24 hour access mall at the Whitgift Shopping Centre. The mall will feature catering and leisure units, including a cinema.
- Dubai based jeweller Angelica has leased its first UK store at Westfield London. It plans to open a further 5 stores across the UK within the next 2 years.
- New Look will be closing up to 100 shops due to a drop in profits. The clothing retailer has just over 600 shops in the UK.
- Starbucks CEO this week announced plans to open 300 new UK stores, of which 200 will be drive-thru formats.