A Week On The High Street from the Local Data Company brings you the latest retail and leisure location news from around the United Kingdom.
- Game Retail has announced that its brand Gamestation is to be phased out and will be rebranded under its main brand name GAME.
- Ecobase has opened its first store in Crowborough, East Sussex. The brand is part of plumbing and heating merchant Plumbase and will offer a variety of environmentally friendly technologies such as energy efficient radiators. A further two stores are set to open in Bognor Regis andSurrey.
- The British Heart Foundation opened a new branch this week in Huntingdon. It replaces the former M&S Simply Food store on the High Street.
- Hotter Shoes will open a new store in Shrewsbury this October. It will replace the former Jane Norman store in the Pride Hill Shopping Centre.
- Pretzel retailer Auntie Anne’s has announced it will increase itsUK andIreland store count to 30 stores by the end of the year. Its newest store opened in the Queensgate Shopping Centre,Peterborough, last week.
- Jewellery retailer Thomas Sabo has announced the opening of three new standalone stores inEdinburgh,Nottingham andNorwich. TheEdinburgh store opened this week on the high street. TheNottingham store is set to open at the end of the month and theNorwich store will open in November.
- JD Sports Fashion has announced it may close up to 50 more Blacks Leisure Stores in 2013 due to a fall in profits.
- The Early Learning Centre is set to close its branch in the Waterside Shopping Centre, Lincoln, tomorrow. A new branch will open inside Mothercare, at the St Marks Shopping Centre.
- Starbucks has announced its branch inWells High Street,Somerset, is set to close.
- Toys R Us has opened its first pop up shopping centre store in Whiteleys,London. Customers will be able to use tablets to browse and order from the extended range online. The pop up store is the first of six to open before Christmas.
Toy retailer Hamleys has announced its first store in Wales this week. The store will be located in the St David’s Shopping Centre in Cardiff.