A Week On The High Street from the Local Data Company. This weekly round-up brings you the latest retail and leisure location news from around the United Kingdom.
- Footwear retailer Schuh has announced it will open its standalone kids stores. Two new stores are set to open this October in the Braehead Shopping Centre in Scotland and at Lakeside in Thurrock.
- Coast has opened a new flagship store in the Trafford Centre, Manchester, today. The new concept store will allow customers to use in store iPads in a variety of languages and have access to Wi-Fi.
- Ryanair has opened a pop up shop this week in Manchester. Customers will be able to call-in, browse air fares and book tickets. The shop will remain open for four weeks.
- Morrisons has opened its first concept baby equipment superstore Kiddicare this week. The new store opened in Nottingham’s Castle Marina Park and is the first of 10 new stores. All stores will be technology focused, featuring touch screen kiosks with barcode scanning allowing shoppers to check availability and delivery options.
- Screwfix has announced it will open a new branch in Tottenham. The branch will be located at the White Hart Works Industrial and Trade Park.
- Midcounties Co-op Travel has opened its first store using the new name cooptravel.co.uk in Shrewsbury. cooptravel.co.uk are set to open new stores in Nottingham, Derby and Lemington Spa.
- H&M has announced its plans to accelerate its store opening programme. The fashion retailer has raised the number of new stores this year from 275 to 300.
- Waitrose opened a new branch this week in Market Harborough. The new store is located in Springfield Street.
- Fashion retailer White Stuff has announced it will open its first shopping centre store at the centre:mk in Milton Keynes.